Monday, January 19, 2009

How to Travel More: Perks for the Homeschooling Family!

Few things stir my soul like the thought of traveling and being able to show my children the beautiful places that we've read and learned about! This is me with my four children making bricks in Williamsburg, VA.


I’m a homeschooling mom of four, and though I’ve lived in Africa, traveled in Europe, Central and South America and worked as a travel agent, the thought of going somewhere, anywhere still makes my heart beat a little faster!


For homeschoolers, travel can be a challenge usually due to the constraints of one income. I know this has been true for my family of six.


I’d like to share a way that you can connect with other homeschooling families and travel more than you ever imagined possible! Have you ever heard of Home Exchange? The Today Show did an excellent news story featuring this great concept that is helping people all over the world travel for a fraction of the cost. You can get a quick start education in six minutes by watching this video clip which follows two families as they travel to Virginia and Colorado and shows how they saved tons of money on free accommodations! And you can do the same thing!


Make sure that you come back here… cuz I’ve got a free drawing to tell you about!


Today Show Video Clip


Wasn’t that interesting? Stirring to your imagination?


After learning about home exchange my imagination was greatly stirred! And I dreamed of how great it would be for homeschooling families to have their own special network for home exchange. So, last summer our family created The Home Schooler’s Home Exchange Neighborhood. This site is tailor made for homeschoolers. It is our desire to help families like yours (and mine!) get connected and get traveling! While saving LOTS of money! We now have members from NY, GA, TX, VA, SC, NC, FL, PA, CA, UT, Canada and more!


We invite you to visit our site and see how we can help you travel with your family!


FREE DRAWING FOR CARNIVAL OF HOMESCHOOLING FOLKS!


We would like to give away 5 Free One-Year Memberships for “The Neighborhood” to friends here at the Carnival of Homeschooling. Simply post a comment below and we’ll enter you in our drawing to be announced in next weeks blog carnival! Your membership includes listing privileges at "The Neighborhood", and the ability to privately and confidentially contact other members about working out an exchange.


Want to read more about home exchange?

Check out these articles from Parent's Magazine and Family Fun Magazine.


Great Budget Vacations
"I'd always dreamed of taking long, exotic vacations with my family. But the thought of spending more than a few days in a cramped hotel room with my husband and our kids...gave me the shivers..." From the editors of Parent's Magazine


Getaway Guide to House Swaps

"When your vacation dreams exceed your budget, a house swap can be a perfect solution..." From the editors of Family Fun Magazine


Hungry for more? See more articles and videos posted on our site and blog!


Happy Reading and Happy Travels for you and your family!



No comments:

Post a Comment